Why do we use ticketing system instead of phone call support?
There are several reasons, but it all boils down to phone support being inefficient. Why?
- Support team member can only answer one phone call at the time. Using a modern ticketing system, they can help several people at (almost) the same time. This means you won't have to call several times a day to find free support agent. You can write a message, troubleshoot..., at a time most convenient to you, instead of being put on hold.
- By using the ticketing system we can easily look into all the conversations between you and us. This means we can quickly catch up on anything that has happened since your journey with CarLock. So even if your request is answered by a different support team member, they will still know what's going on.
- CarLock is a complex system, which often means we need to look into the issue first. This process takes some time, and might involve several team members (including developers). By using a ticketing system, all these different members can work together, providing a meaningful and detailed answers, and at the same time, efficiently managing their focus and allocated time (working on improving the product).
- You cannot provide screenshots and photos over the phone. Those allow us to resolve the issues much faster, and at the same time we can also send you links to more detailed explanations, instructions, videos, screenshots, etc.
But it's too slow!
While that can be true, we strive to provide an answer as soon as possible. There are several things you can do to greatly speed up the process:
- Provide a detailed explanation of the issue you experience, possibly backed up by a screenshot. This allows us to quickly understand the situation and resolve the issue.
Example of bad explanation:i hav a problm with my carlck. This kind of message tells us almost nothing, so we have to check a lot of time consuming things (or ask you to provide a more detailed explanation).
Example of good explanation:Hello. Today, around 4pm GMT, I have extended the subscription for my Honda Civic, but the app still shows it as expired. Please see the attached screenshot. Our team members can now quickly understand the situation (grammar is important, too!) check today's payments, see that why it failed, and provide a solution. This way, everything will be done much faster.
- If you are tasked to try something (troubleshoot, take a screenshot, etc.), please do that as soon as possible and report back. We wouldn't have asked you to try something if we could do it ourselves, so the longer you take, the longer until the issue is resolved.
- Keep all the conversation regarding same issue in one place. You can do that by simply replying to the email. If you send us messages email, app, social media channels... our team members will need to read all those messages, instead of focusing on the issue itself.
- Stay polite and do not threaten. This should be pretty obvious, but no one likes threats, and better you and us both feel, easier it is to resolve any issues.